12C San Miguel Drive, St. Charles, MO 63303 •
Summary of Qualifications
- Marketing – advertising, direct marketing, retail, B2B, trade show designer
- Senior art director – web designer, graphic artist, instructional designer
- Technical and creative writer – ads, promos, collateral, user manuals, web sites, blogs, books, magazines
- Research – self-taught in science, wrote several published works equal to PhD dissertations
- Photographer – videographer and editor
- Illustrator – traditional media or digital, variety of styles, storyboards, animation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe CS Suite software
- Google Adwords and various other SEO market tracking tools
- Proficient at Constant Contact
- Proven track record – In direct mail up to 41% response rates. In web after redesign revenues up 50% and Google adword hits doubled.
- Wrote and illustrated several natural history books for international publishers.
- Wrote and illustrated several peer-reviewed papers in academic journals.
- Personal educational website has 1.2 million hits/year
- Illustrations and 3D solutions to match the situation, quick and loose or precise
- Ability to handle serious and light-hearted subjects with a variety of styles
Employment History 2000 to present
- Currently freelancing for a variety of clients
- Web and Graphic Designer, Masterclock, Inc., St. Charles, MO
- Director of Promotions, Applied Scholastics, Inc., St. Louis, MO
- Art Director, Home Advertising, St. Louis, MO
- Staff Freelance Art Director, Maritz Motivation Co., Learning Div., Fenton, MO
- Senior Art Director, Kupper Parker Communications, Clayton, MO
- Senior Art Director, DIMAC Direct Corp., Bridgeton, MO
Bachelor of Journalism, advertising major, University of Missouri – Columbia
Awards and Honors
Newsweek and The New York Times cited one of my books as one of the ten best books for children, Christmas 1986. Other books and calendars were featured in People, The New Yorker and The St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
Author/illustrator of peer-reviewed academic papers published in Science, Nature, Journal of Vertebrate Paleontology, Rivista Italiana di Paleontologia e Stratigrafia, Ichnos and Historical Biology.